Activation Procedure on Jio Do not Disturb or Jio DND Service using via either Myjio app or sending via SMS…..
Getting promotional messages or calls when using jiofi is sometimes very annoying. It is for this reason that Reliance Jio has now made it possible for users to opt out of the promotional calls or messages. This has now been made possible thanks to the “Do Not Disturb” feature in your jiofi device. Users can activate the feature by sending an SMS or using Myjio application. In this article, we are going to focus on activating “Do Not Disturb service using Myjio application and by sending an SMS.
Activating Jio Do Not Disturb (DND) Service using Myjio Application
Below is a step by step guide on how to activate Jio Do Not Disturb service using Myjio application.
- You will first have to download and install Myjio application into your smartphone. To perform this action, open Google Play Store and enter “Myjio app” on the search bar of your browser.
- Click on the “Download” button after which you should install the application after downloading the application successfully.
- Tap on “Myjio” icon to open the application.
- Log into your account using the username and password generated during registration. This action will redirect you to the homepage of Myjio application.
- Next, tap on the “More Options” button. This button can be clearly seen from the top left corner of Myjio application.
- The above step will generate a list of options. You will then have to scroll through the list until you can see “My Profile” option. Tap on this option to continue with the process.
- A new page containing settings options and personal details like Email and Date of Birth will appear on your screen. Tap on the “Settings” option.
- A list of settings option such as Manage accounts, change password, manage device, Do Not Disturb and communication language will appear.
- Tap on ‘Do Not Disturb’ option. You will then have to confirm whether you are interested in a complete opt out or a selective opt out.
- Tap on “Full DND” button if you no longer want to receive any promotional messages or calls in the future. Alternatively, you can select the categories that you wish to retrieve the promotional messages and calls.
- Finally, tap on “Submit” button once you select your choices. You will receive a confirmation message after making the necessary changes.
- It can take close to 7 days before implementing your request. You can however track your service request using the Order Reference Number generated.
Activation of Jio DND Service by Sending SMS
Reliance Jio users can also activate Jio Do Not Disturb Service by simply sending an SMS to reliance jio. All you have to do is open messages option in your mobile phone and SMS “START 0” to 1909 to activate the service. This method is very simple and convenient since it will only take a couple of minutes to perform the action. Furthermore, you will not need an internet connection when activating Jio Do Not Disturb or Jio DND service by sending an SMS.